"I can bee anything and spell everything".
Eshiksha invites you all to participate & test your spelling skills.
Spelling Bee competitions help children improve their spelling, increase their vocabulary, and develop correct English usage. They also help build children’s self confidence and, more importantly, they are a lot of fun! This competition is open to all contestants ages:
Group I : Age 6-8 years (Star Spellers)
Group II : Age 9-11 years (Smart Spellers)
Group III : Age 12-14 years (Super Spellers)
Entry Fees :
Rs. 100 for schools/individual
1. The pronouncer announces the word to be spelled. He speaks slowly and clearly, without distorting the normal pronunciation of the word. He uses the word in a sentence and says the word again.
2. The competition will be oral; contestants must spell the words orally and the use of pens and/or pencils and paper will not be allowed. Contestants may pronounce their words before spelling them, after spelling them, or not at all. For all words with capitals, the speller must indicate the capital.
3. The speller listens carefully to the pronouncer and asks for the word to be repeated if necessary.
4. TWhen the speller is sure he/she understands the word, he/she pronounces it, spells it and then says the word again. She must say it loudly enough for the judge to hear it.
5. If the correct spelling was given, the speller remains in the game.
6. If the spelling was incorrect, that speller is eliminated from the game. The judge gives the correct spelling of that word.
Winners Criteria :
1. When there are only two spellers left, if one player misspells a word, the other player must spell that word correctly, plus one more word to be declared the winner of the spelling bee.
2. If both contestants misspell the same word, then both continue in the contest.
eCertificate of participation to all the participants,who submit their entries.
1st Prize: First winner will get a Tablet
2nd Prize:Max upto ₹2000
3rd Prize:Cash Prize ₹1000